Sunday, April 19, 2015

Take a Break, But Don't Break It

Began April by taking a break from Athlean-X. Between that, OT at work, 67 Steps, reading and studying I'd probably falter somewhere. Learned that lesson already. Took the advice of reading five books at once (Tai and James Altucher). Finished Sam Walton's, but still going through The Self-Aware Universe, The Armchair Economist, Writing Subtext and All the Light We Cannot See. Cracked open Color and Light and The Happiness Hypothesis a few days ago. I feel like Dale in Stepbrothers during that bathroom scene with the other dude's wife (Something's happening!). This entry is a little less poetic/metaphorical, but I've been saving the juicy stuff for a character I'm currently developing.
Stephanie Liu from Lookbook. I've been trying to get better at seeing color and being just a little more bold when it came to color choices (in the hair, at least). I had the source image on a plasma screen (TV as second monitor) so the contrast and color were more vibrant than my work screen (LG Flatron 23" LCD).
This was the first study I did of her. Values in the legs, arm and face seem really different. They were in the photo, but here idk. Maybe I should do simpler studies so I can focus more on color/speed.

This was another study of a J. Larriva painting. I like the colors he uses. I go back and forth between doing studies from his work and from photos. I guess less with color with his and then try to take what I've seen and use it when doing photo studies.

This was done from a photo of kxtbonifaco. Certain burgundies and greens or yellows that I saw. There was some coolness in the photo that I couldn't really capture.



No comments:

Post a Comment