Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Derailed at the Last Minute!

So I had planned to end the month with a few short studies tonight, but got caught up helping my niece with a project for school. I chose today to finally write a letter to an old friend thinking I had the evening to myself, but nope! 'Resistance' is at it again. Anyway ...

These are gesture studies based on the Croquis Cafe videos. They start with five 1-min. poses, four 2-min. poses and finish with a 5-min. pose. I'm going through their backlog currently and dread the day I catch up as they only update their videos weekly! I need at least one daily! 270 total.

These were just doodles to break up the gesture studies. Freehand drawing is good for finding out what my weaknesses are: head tilts, humeral-scapular rhythms. I may do a few ecorches. My plan was to start Scott Eaton's Anatomy course, but I can't drop that $700 just yet. It may be for the better. I need to turn my attention to light/shadow and color studies. I've been avoiding them for too long. I'm just so fascinated with human anatomy, though.

The more detailed pieces are longer studies. It's been awhile since I've done a few and I'm itching to knock out a few more. Switching up the types of studies I do fends off burnout, I find. I used a Hard Round Brush at 100% Opacity with 49% Flow. No blending brush and only four values over top a base color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment