Monday, June 24, 2013

"We won't forget to cross our T's and dot our .... lower case J's"

The last of the female eyes from a picture with both male/female. These came out quicker. It's funny, when I look in the mirror I look at my eyes more critically - noticing things I haven't paid much attention to before.

I wanted to take a break from eyes and did a face. I'm going to shy away from color for awhile and practice value. The eyes are much better than the two images below. And up until this, I completely forgot about using a color palette! I've just been using different opacities of black and white. For this, I used three greys, also.

A portrait of Daniela Cosio. It was here that I decided to work on eyes more. I was using a 1 or 2 pixel brush to color the iris smh. Took freaking forever as I kept trying different color combinations trying to get it right. The lips don't hover like the one below, which is something else I made sure to spruce up. Also, there is a marked improvement in the hair texture/appearance.

My first color portrait. I had fun blending the skin, but the lips, eyes, brows and hair gave me a bit of trouble. It was after this that I studied other artists' works on Deviant Art and tried to figure out how to simulate some of the works. This was based off a Liu Wen sketch I did awhile ago in pencil. I learned a lesson about having clean sketch lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment